I have chemical sensitivities, and I know when something is dangerous, because I am like a canary in a coal mine. It doesn’t take much to completely set me off – I start feeling dizzy, my hands swell up, I can’t think straight. It sucks, and I encounter it almost every day with people who decide to use various scent-creating products.
Plug-in air fresheners, masking scented sprays, laundry detergents and softeners (and dryer sheets) – all pumped full of not only “fragrance” but chemicals that are masked behind that frightening ingredient.
The Huffington Post featured Maria Rodale, who spoke to the “Five ‘Must-Knows’ on the Dangers of Synthetic Fragrance”. On the list of chemicals that may be in that smelly product that you are purchasing (allowed to be encompassed in the word “Fragrance”) is: phthalates, benzene derivatives, and aldehydes – all capable of causing allergies, nervous system disorders, cancer, and birth defects.
I am pleading with you to ask yourself more questions about this fragrance that you may be using in your car, your home, your clothes – is it making you sick? It is making me sick, and I have tried to avoid these caustic products for almost ten years – but that doesn’t mean anything when you live with others in society – we are all in this one together.
So many people suffer from more and more issues related to the nervous system and inflammation – it is imperative that we think harder about what we are REALLY putting into our bodies, our home, our environment.
Hearing these commercials for “Unstoppable Fragrance” enrages me – please research what you are using, especially for the sake of your loved ones and for those of us that are more sensitive about the toxins we interface with.
– Tisha Casida